Sunday 1 September 2013

Espresso talk

For the first time in my life, I ordered a cup of espresso at Bubblean's, Kampar. I have waited for some time to try it due to my financial constraint (life has never been easy if you work and do post graduate study simultaneously :P ).

Alright! Let's talk about the techniques. They are temporarily using the Roslletto blend by Santino Caffe (full body, 100% Arabica, as mentioned in my previous post), as their original signature blend from Lighthouse Roaster is out of stock. My espresso was made by a female barista. Her technique seems fine, seeing her flushing the portafilter, and wiping it clean before the extraction.

 The espresso tasted as expected, full body, with little acidity and hint of caramel. A bittersweet cup. I personally find the extraction a bit watery though. Maybe it's the quantity of the ground, maybe it's the extraction period, I am not really sure :(

No comments:

Post a Comment