Friday 30 August 2013

Not Just Another Coffee Trip @ Kampar

What's life without a good cup of joe? This time, we visited a cafe at Kampar, which serves a good cup of handcraft espresso based beverage. The cafe is using Roslletto Mocha Blend by Santino caffe company (based in Singapore), a mixture of Arabica and Robusta beans. The freshness of the beans is, I would say, above average, which is not bad, compared to other cafes in Kampar. They are pulling shots with a compact espresso machine, Nuova Simonelli Appia Compact 2 group (if not mistaken), which is pretty petite compare to machines in Bean Cafe and Bubblean's. But don't underestimate this beast, it works as good as those big guys.

I ordered a cup of cappuccino, with two reasons:

a. Observe the technique which the barista apply in milk pouring (different techniques result in different milk texture, while the ratio between the milk and espresso affect the taste of coffee).

b. Appreciate the barista's skill in producing latte art (visually pleasant latte art doesn't necessarily result in a cup of cappuccino that taste good).

Well, I would say that the barista did a good job in terms of latte art (in fact, even better than the first time I tried his cappuccino few months back). Moreover, the coffee didn't just look good, it tasted pleasant too. Though it's labelled as a full body blend, the coffee doesn't feel strong. Instead, it gives me a warm and comfortable feeling, leaving an aromatic chocolatey taste on my taste bud, with a hint of caramel. Best of all, the milk didn't really outshine the espresso, which is good enough for me. Yeap, at just RM6.90, this cuppa has indeed become my favourite order in Kampar area!

LOL, I am not going to tell you where it is, go figure yourself ;)


2 comments:

  1. LOL sir, don't be mean, bicycle is my only transport..

    ReplyDelete